Welcome to Lex Brodie’s University – LBU !
LBU was created to help be an educational resource for our customers, new drivers and for our Lex Brodie’s Team Members. We believe a better informed public and better trained team helps keep our Oahu’s families safer on our road ways and helps prevent road side break downs while also helping save our customers times and money.
Announcement! CUSTOMERS TIRE & AUTO SERVICE BASICS CLASSES - LBU Classes are available upon request! Please request your LBU class with the Store Manager where you wish to attend our LBU class @ www.lexbrodies.com/out-team
Here is a short video with a sample of what you can expect from our LBU class; Lex Brodie's LBU Customers Tire & Auto Service basics Class!
The CUSTOMER TIRE & AUTO SERVICE BASICS CLASS helps to teach;
- Customer Safety though proper maintenance and service intervals
- Teach how proper maintenance and service intervals helps saves money & provides improved confidence on the road
- How to know when tires should be replaced and then which tires would be the proper replacement tires
- Increase general auto awareness
Customer motivation to participate
- 1st Gear classes - Free Air gauges (and know how & when to use)*
- 2nd Gear classes - Dual Device Auto Car Charger Adapter*
New Driver Education Modules
The LBU new driver course is designed to help, alongside the Hawaii Drivers Ed programs, reinforce and prepare our new drivers to be prepared to navigate our roadways safely and responsibly. This program has 5 levels (“Gears”). To pass each “Gear”, the new driver needs to contact a Lex Brodie’s store manager (emails are on our “Contact Us” tab to set up a review and to demonstrate they have the appropriate knowledge for that courses topics. Once this has been demonstrated, the passed course will be documented on a LB invoices with the documented rewarding of the appropriate “Gear “award. (Please contact [email protected] with and questions.)
First Gear (Intro level)
- Drive Aloha Pledge
- Basic Tire Care Knowledge
- Air Pressure (How to set and where to find the proper air pressure). Demonstrate setting air pressure.
- How to inspect tire condition. Why it’s good to look to change tires starting at 4/32nds? When are tires legally considered worn out?
- How to know the proper tire for your vehicle. Explain the proper tires for test vehicle.
- Complete Michelin’s “Beyond the Driver’s Test”. Then Michelin’s 10 Golden Rules for new drivers.
- When completed – student receives a branded air gauge and dual device auto car charger adapter*
- Class room Drivers Ed completion
- Knowledge of their autos (or their dream cars) Factory Recommended Maintenance. Why is this maintenance important? When to replace timing belt? How to use Lex Brodie's Napa auto training tool to learn about key auto components.
- Check Auto Fluids; when and how. Demonstrate checking oil, coolant and brake fluid.
- Wheel Alignment function and common alignment system symptoms resolved through wheel alignment training. What is the Toe setting? Camber? Caster? Is the Alignment different then Wheel Balancing?
- When completed - student receives Rubik's Cube thumb Drive and $20 Caveman Currency*
- Pass Drivers Ed driving requirements
- Knowledge of what to do if you have a flat tire while driving
- Knowledge what to do if your car over heats while driving
- Knowledge of what to do if you are in an accident
- When Completed – student receives $50 Caveman Currency*
- How to prevent Road Rage
- Brake function and common brake repair training. What are brake pads? Rotors? Brake fluid? Mater cylinder? Drums brakes? Parking Brakes? Anti-lock brakes
- When Completed – student receives LBU branded visor & $20 Caveman Currency*
- Show valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of how and where to register a car
- Knowledge of Hawaii No Fault Insurance
- Knowledge of how to get a State of Hawaii Annual Safety Inspection
- Why is it dangerous to drive drowsy?
- Student receives LBU portable device solar charger*
* Program is subject to change and cancellation without notice by management of Lex Brodie's Tire Company
Employee Education – Build employee knowledge & confidence
- Teach Safety
- Teach Preventative Maintenance
- Teach Awareness
Employee motivation to continued learning
- Growth opportunities
- Ownership in work performed
- Team unity and pride
- Personnel and Team growth and success